Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Hate My Mom

Hi Metis,

I am 26 years old guy and my mom is always breathing down my neck! She is always commenting on my friends, they looked too easy going, 'are they smokers? " are you smoking? How's work? I think you should meet bla,bla, bla. I think she's so nice and suits you. Sometimes when she calls, I don't feel like answering the phone. Help me!!
~Guy on the Run

Hi Guy,

You're mom has a case of not able to let go of the little boy she used to have. I bet you are the youngest or the only boy left not married. Look, take your mom out for coffee (as you do), and talk to her, "look mom, I'm 26. Can you please piss off and leave me alone!" O.K. maybe that's not so nice to say to any mothers. Ask her to watch Oprah, really. They have some good books recommended for mothers to read and let go of their kids. Try "New Earth by Eckhart Tolle'. She'll discover that she is still holding on to her 'little boy'. Mom's are build like that. Remind her that you have grown, you have pubic hairs to prove. If that doesn't work, buy her jewelleries. It works for me. Ciao!

No comments: